Monday, March 20, 2006

FIREFOX 2.0 ALPHA

I have downloaded the 2.0 alpha version of Firefox. I have been toying around with it for the day and all I can say is that it is awesome.


The image above is a screenshot of techno_babble online using Firefox 2.0a (code name "Bon Echo"). As you can see from the screen-shot it is very close to 1.5 but there are some key differences.

The browser itself seems to be much faster even though this version is in alpha. I even turned the browser memory cache off and it ran the same. The menus are basically the same and the browser still supports skins and extensions.

The options menus is same containing the same security and connection options.

For an alpha version Firefox is very stable.

As the alpha progresses I will update information about FireFox 2.0a.

NOTE: This product is only available for Windows and Linux. You see my screenshot looks like Apple however it is just a skin by windoblinds.

No comments: